Friday, February 7

REVIEW: Revlon Colorstay Gel-Smooth Base Coat and Gel-Shine Top Coat

I know I am a little late on the Revlon Colorstay nail polish bandwagon, but I am so happy I decided to try them.



I absolutely love the the Gel-Smooth base coat.  I have little ridges on my nails, and it does an amazing job at smoothing them out.

What impresses me most is that it dries tacky--not in a bad way. The base coats that I've used in the past usually dry and feel slick. When I use the gel-smooth base coat, it will "grab" any color that I put on top. I love that. I love, love, love that.



The color I used was Allure from the Revlon Brilliant Strength Collection. I didn't realize when I bought it that it wasn't labeled "Colorstay". I wanted to try the whole "Colorstay" system out together. Nevertheless, the color is gorgeous and applies very nicely. Two coats is all you need--two coats is what I do for majority of my nail polishes.




The Colorstay Gel-Shine Top Coat is also very nice. It doesn't dry as fast as Seche Vite, but it's really shiny and glossy.



I feel like these polishes work really well together. There hasn't been a manicure since purchasing that I haven't used the Colorstay Gel-Smooth Base Coat. It works great with any polish you apply on top.

Let me know what you think and if you've tried these polishes!

♥b

11 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty shade! The top coat looks so glossy, too :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE the color--one of my new absolute favorite colors! ♥b

      Delete
  2. I love all the colorstay nail polishes. The base and top coats are amazing as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have used their normal top coat for years and i love it because I've always thought it gave a gel effect!id like to try this top & base coat though!im not sure if we can buy these in the UK but i will have to check it out:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can find them, they are definitely worth the try! ♥b

      Delete
  4. wow. impressive indeed. very nice shade. i was actually just looking at the gel-smooth base coat but wow, now i'm also liking the color and the top coat.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)