Friday, January 3

SMASHBOX FULL EXPOSURE PALETTE VS LORAC PRO PALETTE COMPARISON

After receiving the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette, I noticed it was slightly similar to the the Lorac Pro Eye Shadow Palette. There were a lot of colors that were similar in both palettes, so I decided to do a comparison.


SMASHBOX FULL EXPOSURE
Price: $49
Shadows: 14
Price per Shadow: $3.50 
*Includes Dual Ended Eye Shadow Brush AND Sample Size Full Exposure Mascara

LORAC PRO
Price: $42
Shadows: 16
Price per Shadow: $2.63
*Includes Sample Size Behind the Scenes Eye Primer


SIMILARITIES-Both Palettes Contain:
Neutral, similar shades
Very pigmented eye shadows
Half matte--half shimmer
Matte Black (Smashbox is more pigmented)
Matte Dark Brown
Matte Medium Browns
Matte Light Browns (Perfect for crease 'buffer' shades)
Matte Cream Highlight
Gunmetal (Smashbox is glittery, Lorac is metallic)
Deep Bronze (Smashbox is glittery, Lorac is metallic)
Same Style Packaging
Magnetic Flip Lid



DIFFERENCES:
Smashbox Full Exposure
Both warm and cool tones
Non-matte shades have glitter and shimmer
Thicker packaging
Space for eyeshadow brush (one that it comes with or one that will fit)
Large mirror, bigger than average

Lorac Pro
Eye shadows are named
Mostly warm tone shades
Non-matte shades are more "metalic"
Additional Colors: Matte white, gold, matte mauve, deep purple, copper
Slimmer packaging
Large, but average mirror

What I love most about both of these palettes and what I feel like can't go wrong with either of these palettes is the basic matte colors--the black, browns, lighter browns, and lighter highlight colors. Those are basics everyone needs in their collections. Both palettes have those essential matte shades plus the metallic or glittery shadows.


In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with either palette.

If you want both, buy both. Do you NEED both? No.

If you have to pick just one, base your decision on the colors that are not similar in the palettes. Base your decision on which colors you will wear more of--glittery or metallic?

I hope this was helpful in your decision making!

Let me know why you would pick one over the other and if you've purchased wither of these palettes!

♥b

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ash if you have the unzipped its really close to the lorac pro

      Delete
  2. I have both, and let me just say that i will be returning the Smashbox one today. It didnt work for me. It is a GORGEOUS palette. But i find that the pigmentation didnt work for me. I love the shimmery/glittery shadows but i wont be keeping a 50.00 palette just for a color or 2.

    Lorac pro palette is just amazing! The colors are vibrant and the pigmentation is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lorac Pro Palette!

    The smashbox palette just doesnt do it for me. Its not as pigmented as i had wished for, and the colors are not as vibrant as i thought they would be. This is a gorgeous palette! but the colors are not what i like. Needless to say that i will be returning this palette today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both, and let me just say that i will be returning the Smashbox one today. It didnt work for me. It is a GORGEOUS palette. But i find that the pigmentation didnt work for me. I love the shimmery/glittery shadows but i wont be keeping a 50.00 palette just for a color or 2.

    Lorac pro palette is just amazing! The colors are vibrant and the pigmentation is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really want the lorac pro palette but is not available in the uk so might have to take a gamble with the smashbox one! x
    http://emmagrace230696.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorac all the way. It has better pigmentation and colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)