Wednesday, January 29

REVIEW: Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

Overall, I really like the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara.

When I received my Smashbox Full Exposure Palette for my birthday, there was a sample size included. A few days later I received the full-sized chrome tube in another Smashbox makeup set for Christmas.




I was planning on saving the full size for later in the year, but my silly self accidentally opened it while taking photographs for the blog! I guess in a way that is a good thing because the sample size and full size appear to apply and be the same formula. (In the past, I've had trouble with the sample sizes and full sizes of mascaras not being similar. )

This is a dryer formula which I like. I don't mind waiting a couple weeks for a mascara to get to the consistency I want. HOWEVER, when a mascara is really wet, it straightens my lashes, and they lose their curl. It completely defeats the purpose of curling your lashes!

Although it is a dryer mascara, it worries me on how long this tube will last. I fear it will dry up faster than other mascaras that have a more wet of a formula.

The brush or wand is just a regular brush that tapers on the end. It is larger than a normal brush causing me to be extra careful when applying to my lower lashes.

The formula is really nice. It's smooth and does a pretty good job at lengthening my lashes and coating them without clumping. I even use two coats on most days to add extra length.



The price of the full size is $19.50 at both Sephora and Ulta.

I would have never purchased this on my own. I do believe that there are just as great mascaras at the drugstore. That being said I don't think I will purchase or "repurchase" this mascara in the near future.

Let me know if you have tried this mascara and your thoughts!

♥b

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)