Thursday, December 5

Dark Purple Smokey Eye

Lately I've been dipping back into my colorful eye shadows, and this is one look that I wanted to share with you! It's been forever since I've played with purples, and I really loved how this dark smokey eye turned out!



You could do this look with any dark eye shadow. The key is to keep the color on the lid and to use a crease "buffer" shadow like the one I used--True Taupe from NYX. It's a very smooth, creamy shadow that blends really well.

After applying the dark  purple shadow on my lid, I used the lighter purple to lighten the inner 1/4 of my lid. I went back and used the dark purple shadow wet and applied another layer to the rest of my lid. That really deepened and intensified the color which is what I originally wanted.



The purple shadows I used are from a the Flirt! Limited Edition 40 Eye Shadow Palette. You could use any dark purple or any dark color you wanted to achieve this look. The brow bone and inner corner was highlighted using the Wet n Wild Rose Champagne Glow highlighter from the Fergie Centerstage Collection.





Let me know what you think!

♥b

2 comments:

  1. so pretty! I just posted a purple smokey eye on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://prettypiscesbeauty.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)