Wednesday, November 27

REVIEW: Connoisseurs Jewelry Cleaner

Last February the boy gifted me a beautiful promise ring. It is the most intricate pieces of jewelry I've ever received or purchased on my own. One problem...the dirt that accumulates in all the nooks and crannies is unbelievable.

The first couple months I just used a toothbrush and a tiny dab of toothpaste make it sparkle. After a while using toothpaste, I noticed a buildup of crap all over it, so I decided to take it to the jewelers to get it cleaned professionaly.

Don't get me wrong I love taking it to the jewelers where the boy purchased it to have it cleaned, but let's be real. When I need it cleaned for special occasions or when it needs a good cleaning in general, I don't have time to drive 45 minutes to get it cleaned. 

A couple months ago I purchased the Connoisseurs Jewelry Cleaner for Gold, Platinum, Diamonds and Precious Stones from Target ($4.99). AND I LOVE THIS STUFF!



I was hesitant at first, but MY WORD this cleaner is good. It made my ring look like it did when I first got it. It doesn't take long--literally only a minute! I can do this at the end of getting ready for a big night out. It does smell funky, but I promise you can get over it. The only other thing I would suggest buying is a new, clean toothbrush. The "brush" inside is hard to hold onto because it's been submerged in the cleaner.

I feel so silly because I didn't photograph my ring before I used it for the first time--I'm usually on top of that sort of stuff. Soooo because my mom cannot wear jewelry to work, I went to her jewelry box to borrow her ring for my blog post.

WARNING: The photos of my mom's wedding ring set and anniversary band are quite dirty. However, it couldn't be more perfect for this blogpost!!






The transformation is incredible! I also took the extra time to clean a couple of her other rings...

Although my ring isn't quite as dirty I wanted to leave you a few photos of it as well!



Hope you've enjoyed this post! Let me know what cleaners you've used on your jewelry!

♥b

1 comment:

  1. The transformation is brilliant, a great bargain, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)