Monday, March 4

REVIEW: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain--Precious (050)

It's very rare that you would ever see me post about lip products...I hardly ever wear them. Judging by the drawer full of lip products, you'd probably expect me to always be wearing something on my lips but NOPE.

To me they always get in the way. I am constantly bitting and rubbing my lips, so I can't be always wondering if I have lipstick on my teeth or if it smudged. The boy isn't a fan of me wearing lip products either--not because it doesn't look good...it just gets in the way. He's not the kind of guy that particularly loves wearing lipstick! ;)

A couple months ago I bought one of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. I was really hesitant about it because of my past purchases with lip stains. I wasn't too fond of the Cover Girl Outlast lip stains. They were bad and sucked all the moisture out of my lips. Not to forget that they made it look like you just drank a gallon of Koolaid.

These balm stains from Revlon are really nice, and certainly didn't suck the moisture from my lips. I picked up one in the color Precious (050). I'm not one that will wear bright colors on my lips...I'm more of a neutral kind of girl. This color was perfect. It was a couple shades darker than my natural lip color. Of course, it was a little out of my comfort zone, but I have grown to love it!

Stock Photo
The packaging is convenient. There's no sharpener required. The bottom silver cap twists so the product comes out almost like a chapstick. Although the product isn't the full length of the tube, you get just as much as you would in a lipstick. I love that the color is indicated on most of the packaging and not on a little circle like the end of a lipstick. It's much easier to detect which shade you're reaching for.


I don't like spending a lot of money on lip products just because I usually never wear them...but I can justify spending $8-10 on these! The 'balm stain' idea is genius--why didn't I think of that!? I think Revlon has done an amazing job recreating the lip stains.

I first tested this product at the end of last year when the boy and I took a road trip.The balm feeling wore off about an hour and a half of applying it, but the color still looked just as good as it did when I applied it. The color started to look splotchy after 3 total hours of wear, so I applied another layer. The color then lasted me throughout the rest of the day. I do want to mention that we were eating and drinking the whole day as well. The only thing that transferred to the glass was the balm when it was present--none of the color. After convincing the boy that he wouldn't get any on him, he let me kiss him...and to my surprise none of the color transferred!

Even if I have to reapply after a couple hours, it sure is better than constantly worrying about it smudging.

I cannot wait to pick up more shades from this collection. I am also interested in comparing them to the other 'balm stains' other companies like Covergirl and Elf have come out with.

Let me know if you've tried these! Which colors have you tried? Do you love them? Hate them? I'd love to know your thoughts!


♥b

1 comment:

  1. This is probably the best balm stain I've tried so far...I hope it becomes a bigger trend with companies because it sure beats wearing a lipstick that will smear everywhere! Try Honey, that's a nice pink. I also have the hot pink and cherry red but I don't remember what the names are :P

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)