This Sunday I couldn't think of anything better than to share with you my resolutions for 2013. The resolutions I would make in the past used to be too broad like the obvious 'losing weight' or 'getting more organized' or 'saving money', and I could never stick to them. This year is different because I have broken my resolutions down into three categories--Blogging--Better Health--The Little Things in Life. In each of the three categories I've listed a few things that will help me achieve were I want to be by the end of the year and even past 2013.
BLOGGING--Overall I want to keep my blog going. It's something that I LOVE doing and it's the place where I feel comfortable talking about beauty related things. I know that I can get back to blogging on a regular pace again by doing the following:
- Pre-written posts. I know this has helped me blog more in the past especially when I was on vacation. I can write up the posts and schedule when they'll be posted. This will also ensure that my posts are quality posts and aren't rushed with missing information.
- More frequent posting. I have the goal to post AT LEAST 2 posts in a week. That might sound slim, but I have a lot of things happening with school and finding an internship/job. I would love to devote all my time to my blog, but unfortunately it won't pay the bills.
- Participate in #bbloggers chat. When the #bbloggers chat started, I was on twitter almost every Sunday talking with other bloggers. Life has gotten so busy, that I haven't participated the last few months. I would like to join the conversation again at least twice a month., and also try as much as I can to chat on Wednesdays.
- Interact with my followers. I have fallen completely out of sync with my twitter account. It was much harder to instantly reply with my old phone. I just got a new phone, and it's soooooo much easier to tweet back right away and be more conversational with my followers.
- STOP drinking pop. Pop, soda, whatever you want to call--it NEEDS to stop. I know that I can, I just need to. Simple as that.
- Work out. I know it's so what everyone else does for a resolution, but I need to. It was so much easier when I was in high school and involved in PE and sports. After school we'd always be doing something in the gym and weight room. I need to get my ass back working out. Even if it's only for 10 minutes a day.
- Think twice before ordering. The boy and I do our fair share of eating out. I love prime rib, but I don't need it every time we go to Texas Roadhouse! I'm definitely going to make better choices when eating out.
- Wear those damn retainers. It's been about three years since I've wore my retainers for a steady amount of time. The reason I stopped wearing them is because I was sick of looking for them when I would wake up. I used unconciously take them out and throw them at night. haha you laugh, but it's a scary feeling having to tell MY MOM you lost one of your retainers. I got my braces off more than 5 years ago, and my teeth have shifted quite a bit. My parents spent over $5,000 to get my mouth and teeth to look good, so I guess it's the least I can do.
- Limit two makeup items. I also have a bad habit of buying makeup that I don't really need. I know this will be a super hard one, but I'm going to try to limit myself to buying only two items a month.
- Go to church. I always used to love going to church. I haven't gone since our Pastor passed away. That was over a year ago. It felt good to go this morning, and our new Pastor seems really nice...hard to follow, but everyone takes time getting familiar with.
Hope you all have a great week!