Sunday, January 6

SUNDAY FUNDAY--2013 Resolutions

I used to try to get up a 'Sunday Funday' post up every Sunday before #bbloggers chat on Twitter. They have been some of my favorite posts because I can be more 'personal', and they're a great way for you to get to know me more as a person.

This Sunday I couldn't think of anything better than to share with you my resolutions for 2013. The resolutions I would make in the past used to be too broad like the obvious 'losing weight' or 'getting more organized' or 'saving money', and I could never stick to them. This year is different because I have broken my resolutions down into three categories--Blogging--Better Health--The Little Things in Life. In each of the three categories I've listed a few things that will help me achieve were I want to be by the end of the year and even past 2013.

BLOGGING--Overall I want to keep my blog going. It's something that I LOVE doing and it's the place where I feel comfortable talking about beauty related things. I know that I can get back to blogging on a regular pace again by doing the following:
  1. Pre-written posts. I know this has helped me blog more in the past especially when I was on vacation. I can write up the posts and schedule when they'll be posted. This will also ensure that my posts are quality posts and aren't rushed with missing information. 
  2. More frequent posting. I have the goal to post AT LEAST 2 posts in a week. That might sound slim, but I have a lot of things happening with school and finding an internship/job. I would love to devote all my time to my blog, but unfortunately it won't pay the bills.
  3. Participate in #bbloggers chat. When the #bbloggers chat started, I was on twitter almost every Sunday talking with other bloggers. Life has gotten so busy, that I haven't participated the last few months. I would like to join the conversation again at least twice a month., and also try as much as I can to chat on Wednesdays.
  4. Interact with my followers. I have fallen completely out of sync with my twitter account. It was much harder to instantly reply with my old phone. I just got a new phone, and it's soooooo much easier to tweet back right away and be more conversational with my followers.
BETTER HEALTH--I wouldn't say that I'm crazy overweight, but I have definitely gained quite a bit since high school. Mostly because I haven't been active AT ALL. The other day I was cleaning out my room, and the motivation I got from looking at pictures of the skinnier me was TONS more than I could ever get from creating a 'THINspiration' board on Pinterest. Although that's fun too, here are my goals for better health.
  1. STOP drinking pop. Pop, soda, whatever you want to call--it NEEDS to stop. I know that I can, I just need to. Simple as that. 
  2. Work out. I know it's so what everyone else does for a resolution, but I need to. It was so much easier when I was in high school and involved in PE and sports. After school we'd always be doing something in the gym and weight room. I need to get my ass back working out. Even if it's only for 10 minutes a day. 
  3. Think twice before ordering. The boy and I do our fair share of eating out. I love prime rib, but I don't need it every time we go to Texas Roadhouse! I'm definitely going to make better choices when eating out.
LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE--These are more random things I need to make better in 2013.
  1. Wear those damn retainers. It's been about three years since I've wore my retainers for a steady amount of time. The reason I stopped wearing them is because I was sick of looking for them when I would wake up. I used unconciously take them out and throw them at night. haha you laugh, but it's a scary feeling having to tell MY MOM you lost one of your retainers. I got my braces off more than 5 years ago, and my teeth have shifted quite a bit. My parents spent over $5,000 to get my mouth and teeth to look good, so I guess it's the least I can do.
  2. Limit two makeup items. I also have a bad habit of buying makeup that I don't really need. I know this will be a super hard one, but I'm going to try to limit myself to buying only two items a month.
  3. Go to church. I always used to love going to church. I haven't gone since our Pastor passed away. That was over a year ago. It felt good to go this morning, and our new Pastor seems really nice...hard to follow, but everyone takes time getting familiar with.
Those are my goals and 'resolutions' for the year! Sorry for the lack of posts today. I haven't been doing much this last week. I decided that I'm going to finish my Administrative Assistant program, so I registered for my last classes. This upcoming week will be filled with cleaning, baking, and relaxation before school starts.

Hope you all have a great week!

♥b


2 comments:

  1. Great resolutions. love the heath one's I too am on a mission to get fit this year! I agree with no drinking pop... so bad for you! Hope you manage to kick your habit :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  2. These resolutions are similar to mine! I am trying not to drink fizzy drinks!! Esp Diet Coke!! It has been so tough!
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)