Thursday, November 1

REVIEW: NYC Individual Eyes Custom Compact

I got to admit when I heard that I had been selected to receive the Beauty Bloggers VoxBox from Influenster, I had to find out what was in them! I had a sneak peak at Andrea Matillano's Beauty Bloggers unboxing video, and got even more excited when I saw that NYC had thrown in one of their Individual Eyes Custom Compacts. I was a bit disappointed when I had received my box and found that I got the palette that I did.


I received the Limited Edition Dark Shadows palette. The reason I was disappointed is because I have so many similar colors, and I don't wear shades like that much.

BUT the colors are very pigmented, and I understand why they paired them together. They're all shimmery which is a turnoff for me. The shadows can be powdery and because of this, the fallout in the palette gets caught in the primer and illuminator.

The primer and illuminator are not the best, and because the dark shadow fallout lands in them, it makes them dark and gross.

I really like the concept of this palette and the price. It retails for $4.99, and you can get them in drugstores that carry NYC products.

I know for a fact that I won't reach for this palette on a regular basis--only if I want to use one of the colors in the palette.

What do you think of these palettes? Have you tried them? I would love to know what you think!

♥b

8 comments:

  1. I have yet to try out NYC products. I could see how eyeshadow residue can get into the base and illuminator. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, some of their products are hits and misses!

      Delete
  2. I got the pallete for Brown Eyes in my Vox Box - and I actually really liked it. But it was more neutral colors and not shimmery. I can see how the dark colors would make for a messy palette quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got this palette in my VoxBox but haven't tried it yet...thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, following from The Joke on You Friday blog Hop :) This paletter is lovely, I can only imagine doing smoked eyes with those colours :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)