Saturday, July 21

Tribal: IKAT Print

Another mani that I've been wanting to try out is the Ikat print mani. The Ikat print is a form of tribal print--very unique, and having it on your nails is even more special!


Here are the few steps to achieving this look!

Start out with the color of your choice...

Add white streaky blobs like these...


Fill part of the white blob in with another color of your choice...



Then outline with a black using a streaking motion, and add a little black to the inside of the pattern.



Once it's all dry, add the topcoat of your choice!


I couldn't believe how easy this was...the biggest challenge is trying to do it on your dominant hand!

I thought I made a few mistakes, but I really like the way this turned out.

Let me know what you think!

♥b

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the tutorial. :) I just used this to try my first ikat mani, and it didn't turn out too bad. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)