Monday, April 16

Soft Curls using a Curling Iron & Velcro Rollers

 I wanted to do a quick post about the curls I've been doing lately.


They're quite simple--hope you enjoy! Here is what you'll need to achieve this look:



When I get out of the shower I like to put some mousse to give my hair some extra texture because I won't be using hairspray for this look.


I usually let my hair air dry, but sometimes I use my blow dryer to speed up the drying process.

After my hair is completely dry, I section off a layer on the bottom and I start to curl my hair out and upward. The clamp of my curling iron is on the bottom side of the section of hair and I roll upward. I leave it on for about 10 seconds, and then I take a velcro roller and carefully roll the warm hair up in the same way I curled it with the curling iron and secure it with a bobbi pin.


I do this for the bottom two or three layers.


Working my way towards the top layers I start to curl my hair under and in. The clamp of the curling iron goes on top of the section of hair I'm curling and I curl down and twist inward.



Ever section I roll up into a velcro roller and secure with bobby pins. On the top layers I like to use clips for a more tighter hold.

Once I have all my hair curled and put in the rollers, I will do my makeup. I will try to leave my hair in the rollers as long as I can because my hair doesn't hold curl that well.



When I take out the rollers, I start at the bottom and work my way upward. I don't use hairspray because I love to run my fingers through and loosen them up.

Then I usually add a headband to let my bangs blend with the rest of my hair.




Let me know what you guys think!

Hope everyone is having a great TUESDAY!

♥b

1 comment:

  1. Another thing that works well if you don't have the rollers is to roll the curl in your finger and pin it with bobby pins or clips and curl your head then take them out. It helps keep the curl curling while it cools.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)