Tuesday, April 3

Gillette Venus & Olay Razor--REVIEW

I first want to start off by saying that I was excited that a razor came in the Influenster Love VoxBox! I was in need of a new razor, and I'd never tried one with moisture bars.


The Venus & Olay Razor is a 5-blade razor with moisture bar strips. For more information visit GilletteVenus.com

What's great about the Venus & Olay Razor:

I love the idea of replaceable head razors, but I HATE how expensive they are. $10-15 for a pack of 4 or 5 replaceable heads just seems expensive at the time of purchase!

The grip is phenomenal! I've never had a razor that was the perfect size and texture. It takes an awful lot to drop it.

It also comes with a suction cup holder so you can hang it up in the shower. The walls of my shower are cement, so I wasn't able to test that out.

Although I haven't bought new razor heads for it yet, removing the head is very easy and seems secure once it's on.

This razor is good for quick shaves. The moments that you forget to shave and you need to shave and you have a few minutes before you have to leave.

The not so good part:

First, I didn't like that I wasn't able to see where I was shaving. I shower in our basement and it's pretty dark. Sometimes it was hard to tell where I still needed to shave and where I already shaved. I found myself hitting spots over and over and it took forever.


I've always grown up with shaving with shaving cream or gel. I prefer that method a lot more than the moisture bars. To me, the shaving gel was always my guide as to where I had already shaven.


Finally, I didn't like that when the moisture bars were almost gone you almost had to press the razor down really hard for it to lather the area before the razor hit it.


I really enjoyed testing this razor out. I will probably repurchase the replacement heads and keep this razor in my bathroom for those quick shaves, but I won't use it as my go to razor.

Hope you guys enjoyed this review! Let me know your opinions of  moisture bar razors!

Hope you're having a great day!

♥b

DISCLAIMER: I was sent this product, and these are my honest opinions.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)