Sunday, November 20

Nivea A Kiss of.. VS Maybelline Baby Lips

I have a review for you guys today! Not just one review but two!

I love lip balms and chapsticks. In fact, that’s the only thing that I really like to put on my lips just because lip gloss and lipstick always get in the way of kissing. 


Every day I will try to reach for lip balms or chapstick just to keep my lips from becoming chapped.

Last year around this time I became a huge fan of the Nivea Kiss of Smoothness lip balm. This balm is so moisturizing and so thin. It doesn’t feel like regular balm. It’s not even noticeable on your lips, but it hydrates really well. This is a good one for guys that don’t want to look like they have shiny lips.


I loved this one so much I’ve gone through 2 tubes already. Which is another thing that caught my eye—the packaging; super sleek and a lot different from the original “chapstick” packaging.

My mom noticed that I liked it so much that she gifted me the Nivea Kiss of Shimmer for Valentine’s Day this past year. This one has a pink tint with little shimmers. It’s definitely not as smooth as the other one, but it looks great if you are trying to achieve the “I’m not wearing lip stick” look. It’s great for giving a nice natural pink tint, and it really looks effortless.


Next I want to talk about the Maybelline Baby Lips. THEASE ARE GREAT!


I first picked up the Grape Vine flavored one because I loved the color scheme and it was just the first one that caught my eye. I must say that these are just as great as the Nivea lip balms. The Grape Vine is a dark plumy purple, and when you put it on, you get a slight tint of plum on your lips. They go on so easy and smooth. This one is particularly great if you want to try the plum lip trend without being too bold. I don’t want to scare you by saying that it’s really dark; it’s just a light tint.



So after loving the first one, I thought OMG I have to go back and pick up a few more—I did, I got the Peppermint and Peach Kiss flavors. I like these both just as much as Grape Vine.

Peppermint is a great clear, ordinary balm. Smells great and if you are in to only clear balms that don’t give you any color—this is the one for you!


My personal favorite is Peach Kiss. I love nude lips and this gives it to me without having to wear lipstick. It’s just a pretty light peachy nude with lots of shine. I am always carrying this one with me. I’ve been wearing a lot of smoky eyes lately, and this looks great with them. There are three other flavors I believe, but I haven’t tried them yet.


Overall, if you are looking for something with a lot of shine, then definitely go with the Maybelline Baby Lips. If you want more of plain balm, go with the Nivea line. They both are great. I love them all. I would suggest them to anyone, and they are definitely going to be a few Christmas presents this year for some people.

All of these are $2-3 depending on where you live.

Hope you enjoyed! If you have any questions, feel free to ask—I love reading your comments!

b

7 comments:

  1. woo great review, i like the look of the nivea ones, i have heard good stuff about them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'v never seen these Maybelline baby lips before. I love the packaging, it's so fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Maybelline's Baby Lips, they smell so good and leave a great color behind!

    I found your blog through the Monday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't really decide which is better Baby lips or Nivea. They both work wonders on dry lips.

    new followers from blog hop
    http://www.dreammua.onsugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your from the blog hop! Now following you!

    http://beautybyarielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish the baby lips were available in the UK, they always have great reviews X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing blоg! Is youг theme custom made or did you
    doωnload it fгom ѕomewhere? A theme
    like yours with a fеw ѕimplе adjustements would really make mу
    blog jump οut. Please let me κnοw whеre you got youг theme.
    With thаnks

    httpѕ://plus.google.com/u/0/118169183183878609689/about
    Stop by my web page :: lift trucks

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)