Monday, October 3

Halloween Tutorial--Universal Smokey Eye!

I have no idea what I am going to be for Halloween this year! Most people probably won’t know until the week before or maybe days before. I know some people have this planned out months before, but that’s not me.  The past few years I’ve worn regular clothes with bunny ears—yes, I know, SO CREATIVE! Haha

I wanted to do a few looks that would be versatile for everyone. This week I have planned a universal smokey eye.  Most want to look sexy. I mean come on, “In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.” 

In my opinion, the smokey eye has become the universal look for sexy. So that is why I planned my first Halloween tutorial to be a very dark smokey eye. One that will go with any kind of costume—teacher, nurse, bunny, little red riding hood, anything!  This look is great for people who already know what they are going to be, but they just haven’t figured out how to execute it properly with their makeup.

First I started with a clean face. Then I put a tiny bit of foundation to really even out my eyelids. I’m starting with my eye makeup first because I don’t want any fallout to ruin my face makeup. Next I added a primer all over my lids and up to my brow bone.

Then I used a black kohl eyeliner all over my lid. This is going to create a dark base so that the black eye shadow looks very opaque and dark. It will also help the eye shadow stick and stay on longer. Then I took a big flat eye shadow brush and blended the eyeliner out so there were no harsh lines.

Now that the black is all blended, I usually like to take a skin colored eye shadow and blend this into my crease. I also added a little Hoola bronzer as a transition color. Next I took a tiny bit of a matte black and blended that into my crease as well.  I like to add lighter colors first, and then add my darker colors. I find that if I put my black on first, and then add lighter, it looks to “dirty” and not as “polished”.  Once I have the colors in my crease I used the big eye shadow brush that used to blend the eyeliner to pack on my sparkly black color all over the lid. I used some mixing medium when applying the sparkly black shadow just for intensity. I then took a blending brush 
and blended out the harsh lines.

After you have all the colors blended out, I used part of a cotton round and some eye makeup remover and cleaned up my lines on the outside.  I applied my foundation after cleaning up the lines.

To finish up, I smudged the matte black shadow on the lower lash line and added mascara. I added a shimmery highlight color to my tear duct and brow bone. This is how it turned out!


 Hope you enjoy! What are you going to be for Halloween?

♥b

5 comments:

  1. So pretty!! I just recently discovered the Almay Makeup Eraser Sticks & they work wonderfully for creating the sharp winged out look you did here. If you haven't yet, you should try them. They're awesome.

    We're blog hopping with Nikki & Kelly. So glad to find your blog. We're now following.

    Be sure to visit our blog to enter our $50 Piperlime E-Giftcard giveaway!

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following my blog and for commenting. I love the smokey eye look. It's always sexy. I don't know what I'm going to do for Halloween yet since we don't actually see that as a festivity around here. There are some parties but that's it. I might try out something just for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog while blog hopping with Monday Beauties! I love this tutorial because I have a hard time creating a really solid smokey eye. Love your blog, so glad to follow!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)