Friday, October 14

Chemical Exfoliants--WHAT!?


So I’ve got to admit that I am HORRIBLE at taking off my makeup before bed, absolutely horrible! I would say that I wash my makeup off maybe two nights out of the week. And I wear makeup at least 5 days out of the week, so you know that’s not good.

I will even say that I can’t make it a week straight with taking my makeup off before bed. I have, however, been more motivated than ever to take my makeup off once I bought the product that I am going to talk about.

I first heard about this product when LaFemme5278 did a review on it. She’s amazing at explaining things, and I trust her opinion about the things she reviews. So when I saw her video about it, I HAD TO TRY IT.

For one, I had never even heard of a chemical exfoliant before, and I’ve never noticed them when I was shopping. I just thought an exfoliant was something rough, like a physical process.

There are two kinds of exfoliants—physical and chemical.

The Walgreen's brand Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream is a chemical exfoliant. It consists of an acid called Glycolic Acid which helps remove dead skin cells and improve the texture of the skin.

In LaFemme5278’s video she linked to Dr. Neal Schultz’svideo from DermTV.com where he explains the differences in the two kinds of exfoliants and why he prefers chemical over physical.

I recommend checking out both videos—they’re both very informative.

I purchased the Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream about two weeks ago when I saw it and was reminded of LaFemme5278’s review.  It was about $9, but compared to the $20 price of the original brand, I thought it was a steal! Couldn’t pass it up!

Since I don’t regularly wash my face at night I was only able to use this cream four nights in a row when I did. Let me just say that after the first night of using this product, I woke up and my face felt so smooth! My skin continued to get smoother as the nights passed, but once again I got caught up with being lazy and would skip washing my face so I didn’t use it.

Starting tonight I am going to use this product for a week! I am going to wash my face every night no matter how tired, lazy, or busy I am. I am not only doing this so I can put out my own FULL review on this product, but I NEED to get into the habit of washing my makeup off every single night!

Wish me luck!

Have any of you ever tried an Alpha Hydroxy Face cream? Have you even heard of chemical exfoliants before?

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

b

1 comment:

  1. I know Clinique's toner (step 2) is a chemical exfoliant. I think it uses salicylic acid to do it. I also am terrible about removing my make up, I like the wipe off wet towelettes they make so it's easier!

    www.hboo-hboo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! I also love checking out new blogs! Don't be afraid to leave your URL below as well! :)